Lucky us, we saw Baltimore based rap group Rapdragons at the Bohemian Cafe on North Charles Street. You can download their songs for FREE .
4 Reasons Why We're Down With Rapdragons
- Clever Titles: "Natural Born Chillers" hints at a use of chillwave samples while referencing the film Natural Born Killers (one of our favorites!).
- Sample Selection: Anything from Toro y Moi, Neon Inidan, to the Reading Rainbow theme song can be part of their charming rhythmic backdrop.
- Lyrical Gymnastics: The heat of Rapdragons' performance comes from their burning hot rhymes, spitting fire like actual dragons. and tons of energy.
- Deep Shit: Sometimes, we don't know what the hell Rapdragons are talking about and just know it's some "deep shit"; but their are lines we can understand. These include:
- "I'm a natural born chiller it got me out my element. But I still don't give a fuck so I guess I remain celibate "
- "Lets keep it cool my baby, take off them other thangs. Oh yeah, you're killing me girl gotta call you hunger games."
- "Mama I'm sorry I don't want to make you cry but i feel like I'm with you every time I get high"
Other than sounding AMAZING live (clarity of a mp3 with personality of a live recording), these guys put on a great show. Greg grabbed his nuts, Rick poured beer on his face and there was plenty of hair-flailing/head-banging from the two of them. Needless to say we were impressed by our first Rapdragons show and can't wait to see them again.
Afterwards, we took some photos of stuff at the Bohemian Cafe, our friends, some people who photo bombed us, and were given free cupcakes and chips by the workers of the cafe! It was a pretty rad night.
|This girl's shirt is so cool|
|This dude has a tattoo of a bear that's an astronaut|
|Street art across from the cafe|